Every kid loves a Rice Krispie Treat. How about jazzing them up to fit the holidays? Here’s a great way to trick and treat your kids with Surprise Pumpkin Treats.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Orange food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 MILKY WAY® Brand Minis or 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand Minis
- 6 FUN SIZE® Bars*
- Canned frosting (green)
- 12 small green gum drops
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
*Note: To substitute FUN SIZE® bars for the Minis, cut each FUN SIZE® bar in half.
- 6 medium baking potatoes (2 lbs)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 oz.)
- 1/2 tp Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/4 tp salt
- 1/8 tp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or foil; set aside. Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges. In large bowl stir together butter, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add potato wedges and stir to coat evenly. Place the wedges on the prepared baking pan. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until tender.
Ever have that craving for that melt-in-your-mouth fudge you had at that fancy restaurant, but don’t feel like going out? Here’s the perfect solution! It’s really easy, plus it tastes better because it’s got a touch of home. Give it a try!
- 3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tp vanilla
- 1 TB butter
- 2 TB cocoa
- 1 12 oz. jar peanut butter (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 jar marshmallow crème (6-7 oz.)
Mix all but peanut butter and marshmallow in saucepan. Heat med-high to boil. Boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add peanut butter and marshmallow crème. Pour into lightly greased 13×9. Let set. May need to be refrigerated if too soft.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tp baking powder
- 1/2 tp baking soda
- 1/2 tp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup walnuts
Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs. Combine dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture alternating with bananas and blending well after each addition. Stir in nuts if desired. Pour into well greased loaf pan. Bake 350° for 40-45 minutes or until done.
- 2 cup flour
- 2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 1 tp vanilla
- Powdered sugar
Heat oven to 325°
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT powdered sugar. Mix well. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and chill for 1 hour. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake 18-25 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool 3-5 minutes; roll in powdered sugar.